SXSW Interactive 2013
The Civic Startup Space
As cities are becoming increasingly open and responsive to technological innovation, more entrepreneurs are considering the business opportunities presented by this trend. The panelists will speak from their experience in the space working for concept and early stage funders, at a growing startup, and for a city that leverages technology to enhance its citizen services. This conversation will be valuable to anyone who is interested in this emerging sector, is considering starting a company in the civic space, or who cares about how technology can help their home town.
Share this idea
- What are some examples of startups that are succeeding within the civic space?
- What resources are available to civic startups that are still in the concept phase?
- What are the priorities of cities when considering which startups to partner with?
- How can a civic startup make itself stand out to potential vc firms?
- What are the pitfalls of this space?
Kevin Donohue, Community Manager, SeeClickFix