SXSW Interactive 2015
Social Stars to Super Stars: Latinos on the Rise
According to the U.S. Census, by the end of 2013, the total Latino population in the U.S. was over 54 million, making Latinos not only one of the fastest growing demographic, but also a powerful consumer force for major media companies and brands. So who are these new Latino influencers and how are they leveraging digital platforms to generate their own stardom and breakthrough to traditional media? This panel will feature industry veterans and emerging Latino YouTube talent discussing how Latino social stars are better engaging with audiences, as well as making themselves more appealing to advertisers, networks and studios. This includes monetization opportunities. We will also discuss how brands are looking at digital to incubate ideas and deliver more meaningful content to this market.
Share this idea
- Who are today’s leading Latino influencers?
- How is the digital ecosystem helping Latino talent breakthrough to more traditional media?
- How are Latinos consuming entertainment (YouTube, mobile)?
- What are the most effective ways brands can work with these Latino influencers?
- How has the Latino population transitioned from niche to mainstream?
Dana Block, Group Account Director, Allison+Parners