SXSW Interactive 2015
Conflict in the Startup Marriage
We had hearts and dollar signs in our eyes when we first joined together as CEO and CTO. But the romance has worn off, and we did not get into this business to worry about feeling undervalued by each other.
**Build a healthy relationship from the start by learning how to evaluate and align your tech strategy with your business strategy.
**Dive deep to explore insight into the mindset of not only the two personalities between the founder and the tech lead, but also the needs of the sales team vs the development team.
**Understand the drive of your team members and why speaking their language will define your company's culture and outline its ultimate success.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- As a CEO, why do I need to learn my CTO's "language" or adapt different communication styles for my team?
- CEO vs CTO: Who makes the big decisions: hiring, product, technology platform, communication strategy?
- How do I discern outside advice and learn to develop methodologies for sharing this with the team without killing morale?
- How do I know I am building the culture I want?
- What can I do RIGHT NOW to repair my relationship with my early team and make sure I am speaking their language?
Ann Diab, Community Organizer, One Million Cups