SXSW Interactive 2015
Smart House: From Concept to Customer in 6 Months
SkyBell, currently sold on Amazon, is the smart video doorbell that let's you see, hear and speak to your visitor from iOS and Android devices. In less that one year, SkyBell has raised over $500,000 on Indiegogo and shipped devices to backers in over 50 countries. In June 2014, SkyBell was included in Apple’s 2014 WWDC Keynote address announcement for HomeKit, the network that will allow users to control their smart locks, lights, cameras, doors, thermostats and more from one app. The SkyBell team and Kate Drane, the Head of Hardware at Indiegogo, worked together to raise over $500,000 in funding. They will speak together about the future of smart home devices, developing innovative hardware and how to advance projects from financing to shipping quickly and efficiently.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What role do apps play in the future of smart home devices?
- What role does Indiegogo play in hardware development?
- How close are we to the smart house becoming the norm?
- How can developers move quickly from financing to shipping?
- Has the resurgence of the maker movement contributed to an increase in smart home devices?
- Kate Drane, Head of Hardware, Technology and Design, Indiegogo
Kate Drane, Head of Hardware, Technology and Design, Indiegogo