SXSW Film 2013
Chicks Making Out: Monetizing Niche Web Content
Wanna know the secret to making money with creative content on the web? No, it's not porn: it's niche storytelling.
Everyone wants to see themselves reflected in the stories we consume. Minority audiences are hungry for quality storytelling that respects their life experiences. We will discuss not only how to tell those kinds of stories on the web, but also how to involve the niche audience in the process by inviting them to greenlight future content with their subscription dollars. In this scenario, filmmakers get to create the content they want; audiences get to see the content they crave. Everyone wins.
In this panel, 2 case studies for web content monetization will be discussed, including the model for tellofilms.com, a website dedicated to producing original lesbian content while lifting up artists who cater to the lesbian community. We will also showcase onemorelesbian.com, a large aggregate site that also offers video on demand with revenue sharing.
Share this idea
- How to build a platform for web distribution and a pay wall?
- How to tell a story that keeps your audience coming back for more?
- How to find and engage your niche audience?
- What are the options for web distribution for paid content?
- How do the different pay models work?
Christin Baker-Mell, CEO, tello, LLC