SXSW Interactive 2015
Beacons Temple of Doom - Critical Things to Know
Beacons are the golden idol. Sure, the early adopters (retailers, museums, stadiums, restaurants) are tripping some of those booby traps surrounding beacons, but since they are just scratching the surface of beacon potential, they are leaving a dearth of landmines un-triggered.
As developers and designers sink their teeth into this new technology the use cases they unearth will come with their own set of pitfalls and hidden surprises. This session will explore the tips, tricks, and dangers of deploying beacons. We’ll look at real world examples of typical use cases as well as some that aren’t so obvious.
Whether you're thinking about experimenting with beacons, or even if you've already started down the path of implementing a formal program, this session should not be missed.
Share this idea
- What are beacons, how do they work and why should you care about them?
- What key lessons have been learned from early beacon deployments?
- What do consumers think about beacons? Any security concerns?
- How do you build and deploy a beacons program? Where should you start?
- What are the most compelling use cases for beacons? How can you think outside the box?
Zach Redler, Senior Director, Marketing, Mutual Mobile