SXSW Interactive 2013
I Walk the Line: Community Engagement Online & Off
With the growing bond between and general acceptance within the industry that digital and physical WOM are inseparable, how do you go about serving your consumer and community members bi-directionally? Sites like Houseparty.com, Skillshare.com and apps like vsap illustrate a few of the numerous methods as to how the offline world can be brought online and how brands and agencies can work to build conversations, recommendations and engagement from online platforms to actual in-person experiences and advocate connections.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Does a line exist between online and offline community engagement for community managers?
- How do I know if I need (or already have) an offline obligation to my community?
- What are some examples of how brands are augmenting online with offline and vice versa?
- How do agencies view offline/online engagement differently than brand marketers?
- Which metrics are important to track? Can you actually track offline engagement? Why am I constantly mixed-up by what metrics I’m “supposed” to be tracking?
Brian Slattery, Social Media Director, House Party, Inc.