SXSW Interactive 2015
Culture Clash: When Marketing and Product Converge
The rigid division between product and marketing departments is breaking down, driven by the need to constantly innovate. Marketing teams are becoming innovation groups, where radical new concepts are developed and tested on large audiences. Product departments are inviting marketing and a new breed of innovation agencies into product ideation. Smart brands are considering how products can link to digital marketing before they even go into production and pitches are being replaced with prototypes.
In a discussion free of buzzwords and bullsh*t, we’ll dissect how to create a culture of innovation within your organization. Contribute to a straightforward conversation with Deeplocal: the innovation studio that created a mind-controlled bike and a World Cup ball with eyes, Hallmark: the greeting card company that is innovating in cards while developing new product categories that are emotionally and digitally connected, and Google: the search giant that is investing in “moonshots."
Share this idea
- How does Marketing sell ideas to Product?
- How can Marketing and Product teams collaborate?
- What is the role of prototypes in building support for ideas within an organization?
- How can small innovation studios impact large brands?
- How do you transform a prototype into a product?
Heather Estes, Director of Marketing, Deeplocal