Badges for Digital Literacy: The 4th R
Digital literacy is as important as reading, writing and math in modern society. It's learning to build things with code, design, video PLUS a set of creative, social and cognitive skills like participation, design thinking, privacy and remix. The Web Literacy Map is comprised of 15 badgeable competencies that provide a framework for teaching and recognizing these skills to help young people navigate and shape their digital world.
Share this idea
- Participants will better understand Mozilla’s vision to create a web literate world where web literacy is the 4th R next to reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- Participants will better understand Mozilla's efforts to teach the web through open source training, remixable teaching kits, MOOCs, and community-led events.
- Participants will have the opportunity to understand how Hive Learning Networks are leveraging badges to motivate mentors and young people to gain web literacy competencies in cities around the globe.
- An-Me Chung, Chief of Partnerships, Mozilla Foundation
- Leah Gilliam, Director, Hive NYC Learning Network, Mozilla Foundation
- Marc Lesser, Senior Director, MOUSE
An-Me Chung, Chief of Partnerships, Mozilla Foundation