SXSW Interactive 2013
Unsexy, But Mandatory, Side of Social Media: SEO
Social Media has a fast-growing influence on SEO as we know it: It affects Google's alogrithms, Your friends' photos show up on Bing results and LIKES and TWEETS can affect how your content appears in search engine results.
Our session will illustrate social's effect on search show several tips and techniques on how to optimize your content and web properties to fare the best via several case studies.
The most well known social media activities are flashy campaigns. We'll uncover the less sexy but more valuable (long term) underbelly of SEO + social.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is social media affecting the way consumers use search engines? Is this a good thing for my brand or content?
- How can I make sure my web properties are being positively affected by social media cues such as LIKES, TWEETS, GOOGLE +'s, comments, etc.
- How can I make sure my social media content is discoverable in the sea of content online today?
- What are some of the low cost tools I can use to determine if my social/SEO efforts are working?
- Does the number of likes on my website correlate to how well my site will show up in Bing or Google?
Matt Heindl, Director of Social Media, Razorfish