SXSW Interactive 2013
All Earned Media Is Not Created Equal
Today's marketers, like today's consumers, are faced with an overwhelming choice of channels for sharing their brand message. And savvy marketers agree that consumers themselves are the most impactful "channel." "92% of consumers trust earned media, such as word of mouth and recommendations from friends, above all other forms of advertising," according to a 2012 Nielsen study. But all earned media is not created equal. This session will delve into how earned media anchored in an in-person brand experience has the greatest impact and how marketers can best harness the power of the consumer voice to build brand and drive sales.
Share this idea
- How does earned media work? And how can a brand drive the most potent, impactful earned media?
- How important is authenticity in earned media? And how can you find and activate brand advocates in a genuine, meaningful way?
- What is the difference in impact between online and offline earned media?
- What are the key metrics for measuring success in earned media? And how can that success be measured?
- What should be the role of earned media in the overall marketing mix?
- Chris Maher, CEO, House Party
Kerry Lyons, SVP, Marketing, House Party