SXSW Interactive 2015
You Make the Game: UGC and the next wave of play
With games like ROBLOX, Minecraft, Little Big Planet, Project Spark, and more rising to prominence in the gaming community, user-generated content has proved itself as more than a novelty – it is the vanguard of the next phase of game development. UGC is a great entry point to an indie game development career; increasingly, individuals and small boutique studios are creating unique and engaging titles in sandbox environments that are drawing millions of players and earning substantial attention and income.
For this panel, ROBLOX CEO and co-founder David Baszucki is joined by three top developers from the ROBLOX community (each of whom has earned millions of plays and thousands of dollars from their creations) to discuss the process of creating games in a community environment, and how UGC has propelled their indie development efforts.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can UGC lead to a game development career?
- Can you really make money with UGC games?
- How do you attract an audience for a UGC game?
- What are the advantages of UGC game platforms?
- What are the limitations of UGC game platforms?
- David Baszucki, CEO, ROBLOX
Brad Justus, VP Marketing and Brand Experience, ROBLOX