SXSW Interactive 2015
Privacy-By-Design Bootcamp for Startups
Businesses are eager to build privacy considerations into all phases of their operations. The Privacy-By-Design Bootcamp for Startups provides entrepreneurs a step-by-step guide to develop and integrate Privacy by Design ("PbD") at their companies. The session starts with the history of PbD, as compared to typically used remedial measures. With the aim of convincing startups to adopt PbD, the session presents examples of real-world PbD, including basic elements of an effective program. The session also walks through specific steps to initiate a successful PbD program, including gap analysis, policies and procedures, and a deep dive into the data lifecycle. Recognizing that implementation of a PbD program can be met with a variety of challenges, and effective strategies may vary based on organization-specific factors, the session breaks out into small groups to consider these difficulties. The session concludes with effectiveness assessment strategies and metrics for measuring success. This workshop will be two and a half hours long.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is Privacy By Design and what are the seven elements of a world-class Privacy-by-Design program?
- What specific steps -- including gap analysis; policies, procedures, and processes; and examining the data lifecycle -- can be taken to deploy a Privacy-by-Design program?
- What effective strategies can be used for an organization-specific approach to implementing Privacy by Design?
- How can my company or organization address the global challenges and difficult aspects of implementing Privacy by Design?
- What is the best way to review a Privacy-by-Design program to measure its success and to make sure it is effective?
Meena Harris, Attorney, Covington & Burling LLP