As competency-based learning gains momentum in higher education, this panel will examine how technology can help this movement scale to reach more learners. Because this wave of learning is still relatively new, the right platforms and tools to support it are only just starting to emerge. In this panel, attendees will hear from both a founder of a leading competency-based program and a technology company making educational content more accessible for these programs.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Understand how fundamentally different competency-based learning is from traditional models of education. Attendees will gain an understanding of how relationships with instructors, student experiences, and course structure change in this model.
- Understand the pain points technology hasn’t yet solved for this new model of education. Attendees will learn more about the fundamental needs new tools are trying to address.
- Understand current solutions in competency-based learning and learn more about homegrown solutions innovative institutions have embraced.
- Molly Lindsay, Founder and CEO, Boundless
- Gene Wade, Founder and CEO, UniversityNow
- Paul Fain, Senior Reporter, Inside Higher Ed
Molly Lindsay, VP, Content, Boundless
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.