SXSW Interactive 2015
Learn to Embrace Your Immutable Servers
Are developers and QA who are globally distributed on the same page in your organization? Are you spending too much time troubleshooting configuration issues instead of product issues? Do you find yourself saying, "But it works on my machine!”?
We were confronted with the same problems and want to share how we overcame these challenges.
Open source tools such as Vagrant, Packer and Docker allowed us to embrace the concept of immutable servers. Developers and quality engineers have evolved their processes over the years to become more collaborative and agile. Join this session to hear first-hand how to embrace open source tools across a globally distributed team.
A senior-level developer specialized in enterprise-scale software development tools will share his experience implementing continuous delivery within his engineering organization using state of the art tools while discussing the benefits (including real performance numbers), as well as the technical and cultural challenges.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can globally distributed Dev and QA teams learn to embrace the concept of immutable servers, avoid configuration issues and truly transform themselves into cultures of Continuous Delivery?
- How can Continuous Delivery help large organizations successfully develop and test software that’s deployed in a cluster?
- What challenges can Dev and QA teams expect when implementing continuous delivery within an enterprise-scale engineering organization, and how can these large organizations best overcome those risks with best-of-breed open source tools?
- What are Dev and QA thinking on opposite sides of the silo, and what completely avoidable losses occur due to a lack of communication between Dev and QA?
- How can global organizations ease the transformation into a culture of Continuous Delivery using quality open source tools like Vagrant, Packer and Docker?
- Nikhil Vaze, Senior Software Engineer, Electric Cloud
Halie Noble, Account Coordinator , Catapult PR-IR