SXSW Film 2015
Who's Going to Fund My Webseries?
The modern webseries has become a form for emerging and veteran creators alike to tell edgy & innovative stories, often in a deeply artistic manner, exploring controversial or socially urgent subject matter. These creators are reaching wider audiences than ever, building community, and creating proof of concept for bigger projects, like TV series & feature films.
So what is the recipe for a successful webseries, and more importantly, who can help you get yours off the ground? Thankfully, with new opportunities for funding, development, production and distribution than ever before, the answers are numerous.
On this panel, meet the industry leaders developing, funding, and supporting independent webseries in new ways, paving the way for creators of bold new episodic content online. We'll discuss what they look for, how their programs work, and talk with veteran creators about their development strategy, and what are the opportunities for webseries in today’s digital landscape.
Share this idea
- What funding and support programs are available for indie webseries creators and what do these companies/organizations look for?
- What are some examples of successfully funded and distributed web series from your portfolios and how did they do it?
- How do YouTube multi-channel networks (MCN's) work, how do I pitch to them and what do they look for?
- How do you build an audience/community around a webseries?
- How can a web series help launch a TV series or feature film?
Karim Ahmad, Senior Digital Content Strategist, ITVS