SXSW Interactive 2015
Queer News: The Next Frontier
From exploring bisexual discrimination within the lesbian community to delving into the challenges of transitioning on campus, LGBTQ news isn't just about coming out stories and same-sex marriage anymore. Journalists covering these topics discuss this new frontier, the dos and don'ts of reporting on sensitive LGBTQ topics, and the importance of sharing queer stories.
Share this idea
- What exactly is the new frontier in queer news?
- What are some topics you've covered this year that you would have never foreseen covering five years ago?
- Why is it important to tell these stories?
- Gender and sexuality can be a very sensitive topics. What are some of the dos and don'ts of reporting on LGBTQ issues?
- How does social media impact both your reporting process and how you engage with your audience?
Brooke Sopelsa, Producer, HuffPost Live