SXSW Interactive 2015
The future of behavior design
It has been two years that we got inspired at SxSW to start a meetup series around behavior design. We take edition 8 to SxSW. With about 20 speakers from a mix of scientist, designers and product makers, we learned the core and the edges of behavior design in a tech driven world. We will look back and let our different vision address one central question: is there a future for behavior design?
Behavior design is fueled by the use of data and design thinking. That is still very valid. But our products will be more and more open, and will be more and more adaptive to the user and use. Products and services will be tools for the user
We don’t like the idea of manipulating behavior where the user is the subject. Thinking of behavior design as a tool for the user in achieving it’s own targets is much more interesting. In this session we like to explore this more and discus if there is an endgame for behavior design.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Where do we stand after 3 years of behavior design in interactive digital products?
- What can we learn from scholars in behavior science? Beyond BJ Fogg.
- What is the ultimate model to use for analysing and designing behavior?
- How do we democratize design?
- Is there still design in behavior design?
Iskander Smit, strategy director/manager labs, info.nl