SXSW Interactive 2013
Talk+Trust=Transaction; Scaling Community Managers
My discussion would address current challenges facing social media community managers such as the lack of understanding of corporate policies, rules of engagement and relationship building. Tips would include “How to build advocates” after engaging or “Talking” to the community, then building “trust” by not selling. Examples can be shown how “transactions” take place after training is accomplished.
I would review high points of critical training such as;
Corporate Protocol (Training on corporate policies)
Tools for best times to engage
Legal ramifications (FTC guidelines etc.)
I would show calculations of how much it saves brands to have a properly trained CM staff, and the consequences of crisis management.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the benefits of organized training of community managers?
- What are my rights as an employee serving as a community manager?
- Do I own my personal community I built up working for my company?
- What are current high level FTC guidelines I should be concerned with?
- What are simple "rules of engagement" I should know about as a community manager?
- Ty Downing, CEO, SayItSocial
Ty Downing, CEO, SayItSocial