SXSW Music 2015
Get Rid of Your Day Job: Create Full Time
Do you have a day job while moonlighting as an artist, musician, YouTuber or other content creator? Would you like to transition from having a career that supports you to relying fully on your passion for that support? Get insight on the financial, legal, and creative aspects of that transformation from this diverse panel that has lived through it. Or if you’re just beginning to pursue that passion, learn how to balance that supportive career while developing your other goals. If you're not ready to make the jump, learn what steps you can take to set yourself up for success. This panel will give you concrete steps to find the balance you need to pursue that dream!
Share this idea
- How do I balance my career and my passion?
- What are the legal, financial, and business-related steps necessary to transition to a full-time creative career?
- At what point should I transition out of my day job?
- Do I really need to quit my day job to be successful at my creative endeavor?
- I'm not ready to make the jump, but what steps can I take to set myself up for success?
Ali Spagnola, Artist/Musician, Binge Responsibly, LLC