SXSW Interactive 2013
E-tymology. How Digital Decimated the Dictionary
OMG. OMG is an official word. Mankini is in the Oxford English Dictionary. FOMO, tablet, and occupy have been nominated for Word of the Year. In this session, we explore the dramatic changes in language over the last decade, unprecedented in human history. And we ask educators, anthropologists and linguists: WTF?
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- 2B or not 2B? Is Ralph Fiennes right in blaming Twitter for destroying the English language?
- Is :) a valid word? Does the qwerty keyboard need a makeover?
- NIFOC. LSHITIPAL. Acronyms. WTF?
- What did LOL mean in 1960?
- Is texting and chat affecting our ability to write and speak?
Kim Pick, Executive Creative Director, RAPP