SXSW Interactive 2015
American Food 2.0: United to Feed the Planet
For the first time in the 160-year history of world’s fairs, the theme of Expo Milano will be food: “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life.” From May 1 to October 31, 2015, welcoming 20 million visitors, this theme will unite 140-plus countries into action around the challenges and opportunities facing our global food system and the sustainable development of our planet.
As we address the global challenge of feeding more than 9 billion people by 2050, what is the role of technology and innovation? From robotics to big data to GPS to the quantified self, food is the next technological frontier. But there's a difference between lifestyle toys for the connected and food security for the marginalized communities. Or is there?
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- From robotics to big data to agritech to the quantified self, is food is the next innovation frontier?
- Is there a difference between lifestyle gadgets or the connected and food security for the marginalized communities?
- What are some examples of the cross-section of food and technology that will help us feed our global population?
- Why in the history of world's fairs, is this upcoming Expo Milano 2015's theme food & sustainability?
- How can consumers and technologists unite to work towards addressing food security issues?
Elizabeth Jones, Producer, Friends of the USA Pavilion