SXSW Film 2013
Storyteller to Activist: Use Film for Social Good
Welcoming Stories is a NYC based storytelling initiative--created by First Person American--that uses film to capture and share encounters between immigrants and the individuals who welcomed them to the United States in order to showcase how simple acts of kindness turn into life changing connections.
Using the Welcoming Stories initiative as a guide, First Person American will show how to produce compelling video narratives that help change hearts and minds about any issue, give best practices on how to turn narratives into a powerful on camera story, and how to turn constituents of any cause into an activist.
Share this idea
- How do you develop a message for social change about an issue you are passionate about?
- How do you create the most effective story and interview models for building a constituency around your cause?
- How do you create a successful film production schedule?
- How do I choose who to film and bring out the narrative when interviewing my subjects?
- How do I successful establish community outreach programs that help create advocates for my cause?
Adrian Jank, Director of Product and Operations, First Person American