SXSW Interactive 2015
Regulated: Startups That Have to Follow the Rules
Software is eating the world. Startups are fighting decades old laws to build new business models that are more efficient, serve users needs, and grow profitably. Regulated industries remain a huge open space of opportunities, if you can stomach disrupting and following the rules at the same time.
Four successful founders across three industries--financial services, transportation, and medicine--will discuss why they fight it out and how to work with regulators to serve consumers.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the challenges of starting a company that is in a highly-regulated space?
- What are the benefits of starting a company that is in a highly-regulated space?
- What are some tips or secrets for raising money where regulation has an out-sized impact on success?
- How do I learn about regulations on the cheap?
- Should I fly under the radar or go engage with regulators?
Matthew Goldman, Founder and CEO, Wallaby Financial, Inc.