SXSW Interactive 2013
Legal Bootcamp for Mobile Developers
Innovation continues to skyrocket in the mobile space, but many developers don't realize that they're creating apps against a complex -- and often murky -- legal backdrop. This presentation will identify and discuss some of the key legal issues mobile developers should know about. We'll discuss the laws that apply to activities like jailbreaking devices, reverse engineering code, transmitting and storing user information, and intercepting communications. We'll also talk about practical steps you can take to reduce your risk so that you can go about your work with less potential for legal trouble.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What laws should you be aware of when developing mobile apps?
- What are the legal risks associated with "jailbreaking" a mobile device?
- What are the legal risks associated with reverse engineering others' code?
- What are the legal risks associated with storing user information and intercepting user communications?
- What steps can you take to reduce the legal risks you might have?
- Marcia Hofmann, Senior Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Marcia Hofmann, Senior Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation