☰ Sidebar
Voting period for this idea type has passed

SXSW Interactive 2015

5 Things to Get Right in Social Customer Service

If you’re not yet responding to customer service inquiries on social media, you’re not alone, but you’re part of a rapidly shrinking list of brands. According to Social Bakers, about 62% of questions posed to brands on social are responded to. What happens to the other 38%? Nothing. Well, not exactly nothing – only 19% of the people who were ignored will recommend that brand in the future, as per a study by NM Incite last year.

But just responding isn’t enough. In this session, we'll review the five most important things you must get right when responding to customer service inquiries on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media channels.

Share this idea

Takeaways

  1. How to set up effective social media customer service scans
  2. How to practice active listening to understand the context of your customer's questions
  3. How to avoid "robotic" sounding customer service in social media
  4. Why you shouldn't apologize (as much as you do right now)
  5. Why providing solutions is more important than response time

Speakers

  • Jay Wilson, VP, Group Director, Customer Insights, Wunderman

Organizer

Jay Wilson, VP, Group Director, Customer Insights, Wunderman

Meta Information:

  • Tags: social
  • Event: Interactive
  • Format: Solo
  • Track: Social and Relationships
  • Track 2
  • Level: Intermediate
Show me another idea

Add Comments

comments powered by Disqus

SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.