SXSW Interactive 2015
Austin, We Have A Solution: Crowdfunded Spaceships
Bre DiGiammarino, the Head of Cause at Indiegogo and the SpaceIL team will share their insights from crowdfunding the first ever Israeli moon mission. The SpaceIL team, a contestant for the Google Lunar X Prize, is building the world's smallest spacecraft at 38 inches tall, about the size of a dishwasher. SpaceIL turned to Indiegogo, the world's largest crowdfunding platform, to connect with a global community of like-minded supporters.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Are we witnessing the democratization of space exploration?
- Does the future of space exploration lie in the hands of individuals and private companies?
- Is the future of science research and funding in the hands of the crowd?
- Are crowdfunded space missions a stepping-stone to a new wave of space exploration?
- Why would a groundbreaking space mission turn to crowdfunding?
- Breanna DiGiammarino, Head of Cause, Indieogogo
Breanna DiGiammarino, Head of Cause, Indieogogo