SXSW Film 2015
YouTube Stars in Film: Rooster Teeth & Indiegogo
Rooster Teeth Productions, the Austin based production team, turned to Indiegogo to fund their first ever feature length movie, Lazer Team. Rooster Teeth is the team behind the longest – running YouTube series “Red vs. Blue,” which has been running since 2003 with more than 7 million subscribers. After raising over $2.4 million on Indiegogo, Rooster Team will be able to finance bigger and better visual effects, cast and crew, and locations, locations, locations for their feature film. Rooster Teeth will speak alongside Mark Hofsttater, the Head of Film at Indiegogo, the world’s largest crowdfunding platform, about the future of the film industry and YouTube stars. Rooster Teeth will also premiere footage from their first ever feature length film during this session.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the best practices for running an Indiegogo campaign for film projects?
- Why would a filmmaker choose to finance their project on Indiegogo?
- Is the rise of YouTube stars in traditional media, film, and television, a trend that will continue?
- Is crowdfunding the future of the film industry? If so, what are the differences between financing a film through a platform like Indiegogo vs. seeking traditional funding from a studio or producer?
- Are YouTube stars the future of film content? Does this mean the YouTube community is growing up?
- Marc Hofstatter, Head of Film, Indiegogo
Marc Hofstatter, Head of Film, Indiegogo