SXSW Interactive 2015
21st Century PSA Campaigns
Today's public service announcements (PSAs) have changed the strategy for potential icons aspiring to have the impact of the cute bear dressed up as a forest ranger; to be effective, PSAs now require digital platforms, social media integrations, targeted messaging and distribution, and multiple influencers participating from all sectors. How have successful campaigns moved beyond "slacktivism" critiques and created impact? Learn about some of today's innovative PSA campaigns with leading changemakers and discuss the strategies and successes as multiple sectors collaborate to push social good forward.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What other distribution channels beyond the standard TV spots are needed for PSAs today?
- What are some strategies to determine who the audience should be of this PSA?
- How can we go beyond "slacktivism" criticism and create strong call to actions?
- What are some considerations to make when deciding if a PSA campaign makes sense for your issue?
- How can PSA campaigns help break silos and inspire collaboration amongst multiple stakeholders around an issue?
Cara Willis, Director of Communications, Opportunity Nation