SXSW Interactive 2013
Hashtag-ifying For A Better Democracy
In an era of unprecedented cynicism and distrust towards the electoral process, the self-organization of the social web is becoming a new space of civic engagement.
Are hashtags the town halls of the future?
Lessons learned from the student uprising in Québec.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is trust established in policy debate online?
- Why are facts sacred (and opinion worthless) ?
- Why should you engage with your enemies?
- What policy makers can learn from social listening?
- Why is the emergence of the interest graph so important for policy planning?
Louise Fortin, Director, Economic Affairs, Québec Delegation - Atlanta