SXSW Music 2013
How Trace Adkins used social to fill the house
The term “social media” is part of every musician’s marketing strategy, but let’s face it – Facebook and Twitter aren’t going to sell out your tour. Concert attendance continues to decline as a result of fewer shows and higher prices. Since there’s no single solution to your tour marketing strategy, what is the right recipe? With the explosion of mobile, how can you reach people on the go and are they really making purchases on their mobile devices? Is email marketing outdated or is it still an effective way to drive ticket sales? A panel of music industry experts and technological entrepreneurs discuss the best mediums to connect with fans and drive ticket sales. Between email, web, mobile and social, discover where to invest your energy to gain the maximum ROI you’re looking for.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can you reach and market to fans in your genre and generate new fans?
- You reach fans through email, web, mobile and social- which medium gives you the best ROI?
- With rising costs, what can you do to add value to the concert experience and encourage attendance?
- What are some examples of cost-effective and innovative social marketing programs to help drive ticket sales?
- What new technologies are artists using to get discovered and promote their shows?
Jordan Glazier, CEO, Eventful, Inc.