SXSW Interactive 2015
Everyone's a Little Gay. Thanks, Social Media!
We challenge you to find us the most severe homophobe who won’t engage with a Facebook post from George Takei. OK, well, maybe that’s extreme, but the fact is that social networks are exhibiting statistical evidence that they’re becoming a big front for the love moment.
Love is Love.
It Gets Better.
Obama tweeting for gay marriage.
Is everyone finally able to admit they’re just a little gay? Or is it that dissent is finding its voice elsewhere? What is the true impact of social media in the battle for acceptance? A digital media expert and a comedian in the brand business - both of whom are a little gay - will talk about how the love online is making a difference in the larger world.
Share this idea
- What is the true impact of social media in the battle for acceptance?
- How have people changed their online personas with growing acceptance?
- What are the ways people are displaying support, and participating?
- Why do some elements unite, and some unravel, the most successful LGTB social movements?
- How does the growing ally community show support for movements?
Edward Revis, Director, Strategy, Essence Digital