SXSW Film 2015
Price of Passion: The Filmmaking Entrepreneur
Creativity in today's independent film world no longer begins with the script and ends with the wrap of post-production. The most dynamic filmmakers of today are the ones who extend their vision, energy, and enthusiasm to "telling the story of their story": from engaging an audience through crowdfunding, building that fanbase through production, and continuing that dialogue through distribution. Hear from both industry and filmmakers, not only how to effectively incorporate the business into the creative , but to relish bringing the creative into the business. To be an impactful filmmaker today is not only to be a great artist, but to be an innovative entrepreneur.
Share this idea
- How do you extract the greatest value from crowdfunding? How to "tell the story of your story" in a compelling way.
- How to nurture a relationship with an investor?
- How do get the greatest value out of festivals?
- How to help a distributor continue the momentum of what you've built up?
- How do you make art that makes money?
Emily Best, CEO, Seed&Spark