SXSW Interactive 2015
Why You Need a Business Story And How To Create It
It’s known that information delivered as a story is more persuasive than its rational counterpart. Yet when it comes to business, people slip into a cold world of logic in an attempt to persuade. Logic may make a point difficult to argue against, but it seldom moves people to action. A story however, has the ability to be memorable, convey emotion and be easily shareable, which is important as most buying decisions are made at an emotional level. So how do you create an authentic business story for offline, the social web and content marketing?
David Sloly’s talk will show you how to create a business story in just 5 steps. It will explain the power of story, different types of business stories, places you can use them and the method for creating them.
Learn how to gather the raw facts, the four crucial points to pique people’s interests, how to organize your facts into a plot, how to add emotion and the simple technique news editors use to create compelling headlines.
Share this idea
- Why are business stories important?
- How do I create an engaging business story?
- What’s the difference between creating a business story for online verses offline?
- What are great business stories to create and share?
- Where can I use my business story for maximum impact?
- David Sloly, Founder, Infographics Factory
David Sloly, Founder, Infographics Factory