SXSW Music 2015
How JoCo Saved Me From Writer's Block
Many legal limits are placed on what we can, and cannot do with music. We can download, listen, and enjoy it. However, to use it in our own creative works requires jumping through so many hoops, that it isn’t worth the trouble for most people. Enter open source media, the savior of amateur musicals.
In this session, Jocelyn Teague will explain the process of how she chose to incorporate Jonathan Coulton's open source music into her writing project, how it has benefitted her, and how it can benefit other people too. After she gives her part of the presentation, a scene from her musical, "This Year's Christmas Card", will be performed live.
Share this idea
- How can open source media help to unblock writers block?
- What are the limits copywriting music put on creativity?
- What are some of the challenges of trying to stage an amateur musical?
- Can a live musical be successfully staged at SXSW?
- How much will this cost Jocelyn Teague to do? (Probably her sanity.)
Tara CranfordTeague, Community Leader, Invisible Jet Studios