SXSW Interactive 2015
IP for Mobile Employees: Protecting Your Data
Companies large and small are leveraging mobile technology to enable truly mobile workforces, enhancing their ability to attract and retain top talent while delivering phenomenal results to customers and clients. While the benefits are many, companies often give little thought to what the move outside the four walls of the office means for the integrity and protection of intellectual property and critical business data. This presentation will examine technical, practical, and legal solutions for enabling a mobile workforce while simultaneously protecting the intellectual property and data that is the lifeblood of any company, whether start-up or established enterprise.
Share this idea
- What IP and data protection risks are created when work moves outside of four walls?
- How do those risks vary by type of mobile worker (digital nomad, flex worker, remote worker, etc.)?
- How do BYOD (bring your own device) programs affect IP and data security?
- What technical, practical, and legal solutions exist for dealing with IP and data security risks?
- How can these solutions be implemented without compromising the advantages of mobile workers?
- Jason Boulette, Partner, Boulette & Golden L.L.P.
Tracey Nelson, Principal, MMS::Maven Marketing Solutions