Building the Ed-Tech Bridge
To build better EdTech we need collaboration between teachers and EdTech entrepreneurs. Last year at SXSW we promised to create a resource to bridge the gap between the two groups. From that session came #edtechbridge: a weekly chat that asks teachers and EdTech professionals to share practices, tackle problems, and work together. This year, we’ll host a conversation on the successes and challenges of building a teacher-entrepreneur community and what it means to make great EdTech together.
Share this idea
- What successes and challenges did we find when building the #EdTechBridge community? We will discuss how these findings are indicative of greater teacher and EdTech entrepreneur culture.
- How do teachers and entrepreneurs need to disrupt their own processes in order to collaborate? We’ll share our observations and engage in a group dialogue.
- We say we want teacher-entrepreneur collaboration on EdTech, but what kind of effort, action, and participation does this really mean? We will discuss the next steps of communities like #EdTechBridge as a group.
- Katya Hott, Project Manager, BrainPOP
- Steve Isaacs, Technology Teacher, William Annin Middle School
Katya Hott, Project Manager, BrainPOP