The Power of Lyrics in the Digital Age
Twenty-five years ago, music fans read song lyrics on the back of an album cover, or in the liner notes, while they listened to a new album. With the rise of the CD, that became more difficult with the small type required to fit the printed booklet.
In today's digital environment, a plethora of services and apps are distributing lyrics online and via mobile apps. This brings up a host of new issues -- how they are used, what these new lyrics services/apps mean to artists and songwriters, how they can be made more compelling, how lyrics connect with social media, and what the licensing/copyright issues are.
- Darryl Ballantyne, Founder & CEO, LyricFind
- Will Mills, Head of Music Content, Shazam
- Ralph Peer II, Chairman/CEO, Peermusic and DigitalPressure.com
- Chuck D., ARTIST/WRITER/PERFORMER/DISTRIBUTOR/LECTURER, RapStation and SpitDigital
- Deborah Newman, Digital Music Consultant & Attorney, MusicStrat
Deborah Newman, Digital Music Consultant, MusicStrat
Show me another