SXSW Interactive 2015
Infinite Hack: Untap Synergies for NPOs and Tech
It’s time to reframe the gap between NPO and tech. This session will lead the way. We’ll share past successes, unpack assumptions, define the importance of continuity and support, and make a compelling and actionable case for tech and NPO to stop giving each other the hairy eyeball and start making friends. And then, on the spot, we will take an NPO in the room through an accelerated hackathon-style process of Identification, Ideation and Implementation to demonstrate the agile scrum-style approach that can bring NPO and tech into greater synergy and solution together.
Drawing on the expertise of WebVisions and their Hackathons for Social Good on the one side, and NPOs like Marathon Kids on the other, this session gives voice to both sides of the aisle, exploring what’s worked, what didn’t, and suggesting what hasn’t even been tried. And you’ll leave with ideas and insights on how to achieve truly cross-functional interactivity. Let’s get disruptive and hack something for social good!
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does it look like to reframe the relationship between non-profits and technology into something synergistic? Are we ready to transcend transactionary relations and look at true partnerships between NPO and the tech worlds?
- How can NPOs become more agile, combining their expertise with the technology and tools to be more effective at their mission?
- What do tech companies stand to gain by fostering ongoing connections with NPO/NGOs?
- What’s already being done to bring technology and non-profits together more successfully? What examples can we look to, who’s behind these efforts and what can we learn from them?
- Is it really possible to find out-of-the-box solutions to the tech/NPO silo? And can we do it, with an audience member from the room, in ten minutes or less?!
Emily Steinberg, Business Activation, Marathon Kids