SXSW Interactive 2013
Scaling Your Startup: Challenges & Solutions
You’ve taken a great idea and created a viable start-up company, with a tangible product or service, and actual customers. Congratulations, you are well on your way! But now the really hard work starts…
The path from early stage to mature start-up (and beyond) is fraught with challenges and hardships that are unique to the entrepreneurial journey. This presentation will highlight some of the key obstacles to success, and talk about how to overcome them.
Share this idea
- How do you prioritize investments as you manage the growth of your business?
- How do you evolve and mature key business functions that are currently handled by the founder(s) or shared across the whole organization?
- How do you develop key functions that may be entirely lacking (such as Legal, HR, and even Finance in some cases)?
- How do you stay lean and agile while dealing with the growing burden of administration and organization?
- How do you provide structure and focus while maintaining fun and excitement?
- Michael Hermus, Chief Product & Technology Officer, House Party, Inc.
Michael Hermus, Chief Product & Technology Officer, House Party, Inc.