SXSW Interactive 2015
How Austin Became Austin
No one has told the Austin story. This panel will explore Austin's emergence as a national tech Mecca. Beginning with Tracor and other early tech ventures, it will trace the growth of industry and creative enterprises through Sematech and MCC. It will highlight key events and key individuals that made Austin what it has now become. The presentation will look at demographic trends, industry growth, venture capital, talent attraction, and other factors that have transformed the city. Comparative data (including migration patterns) and linkages to other U.S. cities will be featured. The panel will also explore the role of SXSW Interactive and the platform that has given to major tech themes nationally and internationally.
Share this idea
- How did Austin become a tech center?
- Why the convergence of tech and music?
- Portland, Seattle, or Austin? Why do we choose the cities we love?
- What am I doing here and how will I realize my creative impusles?
- What will Austin be next?
Jon Roberts, Managing Partner, TIP Strategies, Inc.