SXSW Music 2013
Brands and Bands: Opportunities Beyond Licensing?
What role does music play in a successful advertising campaign? What opportunities are there for artists beyond the licensing of their existing tracks? Industry insiders discuss how music in advertising impacts both the artist and the brand and what elements in music lead to a winning branding campaign. Learn the difference between effective and ineffective music branding, customizing original songs for brands, and how the right music can translate to increased awareness and sales for both the artist and the brand.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the most effective way to “brand” something using music? What are examples of effective and ineffective music branding?
- Does it help or hurt the branding campaign if the licensed track is ubiquitous? ie. on the radio, a trailer, a commercial, thereby creating multiple references to the music. Is heavy exposure necessary for building an emotional connection with the song?
- What are the benefits of a "jingle" versus a licensed track?
- Does a strong brand relationship help or hurt the artists?
- Are there creative and out-of-the-box opportunities for artists beyond the licensing of their existing tracks?
Roger Wojahn, Co-Owner and Co-Creative Officer, Wojahn Bros Music