SXSW Music 2013
Man v Machine: Data Science and the Future of A&R
This session will cover the role and impact of data science in music discovery for both independent and major labels.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How effective are algorithms at predicting the success of an artist?
- Which metric is the most effective at predicting this? (Like on base percentage for baseball)
- What is the historical vs current use of data in A&R?
- Case study: prediction comparison of iTunes top of charts between 3 music industry vets and a predictive algorithm
- What will the integration of data and the future of A&R look like over the next 5-10 years?
Zanab Hussain, Data Scientist, SimpleReach