SXSW Interactive 2013
Pushing Mobile Payments Mainstream
Due to new retail payment options, shoppers want an increase in value, mobility, choice and personalized offers. However, retailers are holding back these options due to slow adoption rates. Retailers are waiting to invest in the new technology until they see a great consumer demand for mobile payments and consumers are waiting for a clearly established merchant network that exists before they adopt it. This is creating an impasse with no movement forward.
To evolve the payments industry and push adoption, retailers need to understand why consumers are pushing for mobile payments and the opportunities it brings such as an increase in customer satisfaction and retention. Merchants who implement mobile payments now are better positioned to adopt and succeed with the introduction of future payments.
In this session, Henry Helgeson, co-CEO of Merchant Warehouse, and Andrew Boch, Head of Operations of LevelUp, will discuss the steps needed to push mobile payments into the mainstream.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What needs to happen to push mobile payments into the mainstream?
- How are retailers and businesses holding the future of shopping back due to their lack of adoption of new technology?
- What can retailers do to keep up with the change in customer demand such as deals, mobile strategies, loyalty and reward programs?
- How can retailers increase customer retention?
- Why is mobile so crucial for retailers to employ?
Kristina Scuoteguazza, Account Coordinator, SHIFT Communications