SXSW Interactive 2014
Type Tasting Global Lettering Workshop
Type Tasting drop in workshops in which participants get creative to reinterpret letters inspired by streetsigns and signage from around the world. The variation of signage styles reflect social and historical development of typography in each region and will enable us to build up a visual representation of global typography trends. Participants will each be provided with a simple template for a letter which they will customise using a range of markmaking and collage materials. The event will be eight hours long, but participants can drop in at any time.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is the typography of a country or region reflected through the streetsigns to be seen, from road signs to shops and bars?
- How do these styles compare from country to country, are there any distinct trends or themes to be seen?
- What do the streetsigns and signage reveal about the social, cultural or historical development of an area?
- Are you aware of the typography that surrounds you as you move through your everyday life, or do you navigate your way through it unconsciously?
- Is engaging your creativity a successful tool which you can use to learn and remember information more effectively?
- Sarah Hyndman, Founder & Creative Director, With Relish Ltd
Sarah Hyndman, Founder & Creative Director, With Relish Ltd