SXSW Interactive 2013
Egomania: How Ego Makes Marketing Better
Ego gets a bum rap, but the most effective marketers inject it into everything they do. This panel will share how stroking egos and providing self-validation makes for insanely shareable content—and how this “ego capital” can be used tastefully. Topics covered will include the psychology of sharing, the art of comparison, social currency creation, the infamous #humblebrag, social validation, and more.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What motivates people to share your content?
- How can ego capital be activated within thoughtful, tasteful content?
- How can content creators employ ego capital before and after content is published?
- Which content types create the most satisfying and effective ego experiences
- What are the best ego-driven projects the panelists have seen?
Tac Anderson, Head of Digital Strategies , Waggener Edstrom