SXSW Music 2014
Touring Tips Straight from the Trenches
A touring band has many moving parts: musicians, tour managers, engineers, stage managers, roadies and techs, not to mention the entire team working at each venue. Getting everyone on the same page working together is the most effective way to have a great show, not just for the musicians, but for all the people working on your event. We'll talk to industry veterans, hear some horror stories and ultimately shine light on easy things any artist can do to make their load-in, soundcheck, performance, loadout and tour a blast for everyone involved.
Share this idea
- What's the most efficient way to run our sound check? When are the monitors "good enough"? Why can't I get "more me"? Why are my ears BLEEDING?!
- Should we have our own engineer or lighting designer? How much gear should we travel with?
- How do I "advance" a show? Why should I have a stage plot/input list?
- What do we need to do differently as we move from smaller venues to larger ones?
- What can I do to get booked again by a venue?
Mike Manewitz, Creator, inputli.st