SXSW Interactive 2014
Recruit the Best: Practical Tips to Build a Team
Whether you are a startup, small business or a manager at a large organization, finding and retaining the best talent is critical to your success. This session will provide practical tips for building a team.
The session will be practical. Content will include a discussion around titles (when to use them and when not to use them), recruiting practices and pitfalls, compensation benchmarks, immigration visa strategies, and insight into how to onboard new team members.
The session will cover engineering, business and sales roles. The session will include best practices from high growth technology companies. However, even if you run a business that isn't in technology, there will be practical lessons that you will find useful.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How much should my engineers, marketing, inside sales representatives and senior management be making for salary and equity?
- What is the most efficient way to interview an engineer, inside sales rep and business person? What is the best interviewing process to really know whether or not I should hire this person?
- How to decide on what title to give an employee?
- I want to hire a non-US citizen to join my company. What are my visa options? How much does it cost? How long does it take? And, what are the odds it will be approved?
- Now that I successfully closed my candidate and they are starting, how do I make sure they get up-to-speed quickly and start contributing to the team?
- Michelle Zatlyn, co-founder, CloudFlare, Inc.
Michelle Zatlyn, co-founder, CloudFlare, Inc.