SXSW Interactive 2014
Funded in Austin
Funded in Austin features Founder/CEO’s of three technology startups who have pursued and secured investment in their entrepreneurial ventures – one from crowdfunding, one from angel funding, and one from venture capital – totaling about $110 million in funding. Together, we'll explore their in-the-trenches startup fundraising experiences. We'll share an in-depth and broad conversation around these three types of funding and the challenges and benefits of each from the Founder/CEO’s unique point of view. Funded in Austin is part of the SXSW Interactive Startup Village programming and the Startup Austin track, which highlights the robust startup, entrepreneur, and investor community that exists in Austin. Startup Austin allows current and future entrepreneurs to network with and learn from Austin's technology trailblazers and startups.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What have technology startup founder/CEO's personal experiences with fundraising been like?
- What do founders like and not like about the different types of investments in their startups?
- Why did these founders pursue the type of funding they did? Did they also bootstrap?
- What are the unique challenges of working with the hundreds - possibly thousands - of investors from crowdfunding? And how are the new JOBS Act and SEC rules about crowdfunding likely to affect other startup founders?
- How did the Austin entrepreneur community help or challenge these founders in their startup fundraising?
- Claire England, Executive Director, RISE Global
Claire England, Executive Director, RISE Global