SXSW Interactive 2014
How Collaboration Makes the Impossible, Possible
Research has proven the benefits of collaboration. In the Eighties, a study found that 4 college graduates working together routinely outperformed solo participants.
Only the most innovative institutions on the planet have discovered this principle. This is at the core of Google's success, as well as Facebook. Groups make the impossible, possible. For example, Astrotech Corporation experienced a profound redesign; this was after it created a dedicated team consisting of four people. They were tasked with the purpose of finding new market opportunities for its space technologies. Their collective effort was quite effective.
Share this idea
- What is key to innovation?
- What are the qualities of a successful team?
- How do you optimize an already established team?
- Why do organizations form around problems instead of individuals?
- How are valuable products created?
- Dmitri Iourovitski, Innovator, Astrotech
Dmitri Iourovitski, Innovator, 1st Detect